4/22/12 is EARTH DAY; please celebrate with us!
Changes WE Can Make:
1. Plant a tree in your yard or start a garden.
2. Simply stop using pesticides and use chemical free cleaning products.
3. Turn off lights and electronics when you leave the room and buy energy-saving, electronics, appliances and lighting.
4. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, Recycle, Recycle
5. Shop and Buy Green. Be a consumer that uses your dollars to support companies and products that are better for the Earth.
6. Lower your thermostat in the winter and raise it in the summer. Make sure your house is well insulated.
7. Stop buying bottled water and use a reusable bottle.
8. Reduce your water consumption – lawn, bathroom, kitchen and washing your car are good places to start
9. Start a compost in your back yard or on your rooftop.
10. Buy foods locally and in season.
11. Ride a bike, walk, jog, or run.
12. At holidays and birthdays, give your family and friends the gift of saving the earth ~ donate to an environmental cause in their name.
13. Get off junk mail lists. GreenDimes can get you started. They’ll even plant a tree for you!
14. Buy products that use recyclable materials whenever possible.
15. Bring your own bags to the grocery store.
There are certainly many more things we all can do to make a difference. The most important thing is we each take the time and make the effort. Please pass along to others and let’s help be the change that we want to see in this world; we only have 1 planet – let’s respect it and count our blessings.