**Please be sure to answer questions at bottom of job description**
BambooSK8 is an ecologically-based skateboard brand and manufacturer of high quality skateboards made from sustainable bamboo from managed forests. We are social entrepreneurs who believe that giving back to our communities is as equally important as profits. We service core shops, brands and individuals around the globe while providing a solidified partnership and unique experience with each. We have been a part of action sports and skateboarding our whole lives and now passionately hope to inspire others to take actionable steps towards the preserving of our natural environment. BambooSK8 is a division of BambooBuddy LLC but has the same owners.
If you are ready to make a difference in the world, work super hard without whining and get some killer real-world experience – then we are happy to meet with you. By all means, please visit our website and read the “internship-in-training blog” to gain insight on what is all entailed, as our program is designed to be intense and kick your butt a little bit. Internship will start the first week of January 2012.
We are currently seeking: Marketing Interns-in-training (non-paid) for both in-the-office and out-of-the-office
• Oceanside, CA working directly with the Operations Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, CEO and COO
• A minimum of 1 day per week (8 hours) in the office is expected but the internship requires nearly 20 hours per week total, for 4 solid months. 2 days per week is highly recommended to maximize ones learning. If you aren’t financially stable and can’t realistically fulfill these requests, then please do not apply. Also, if you are using the internship as “filler” until you find a job, then please don’t apply.
Out-of-the-office (limited to only 5 interns who live out of the state of California):
• Online working directly with the Operations Manager and COO
• A minimum of 20 hours per week total, for 4 solid months
Internship is graded on 400 total points involving weekly duties such as managing your commitments/goals file, writing weekly blogs, weekly Skype calls, updating your MPS philosophy, providing mentor feedback, intern matrix grading other interns, mid-term exam, final exam, communication with COO, etc. The internship is broken down into categories: sales, pr, marketing and social media. Each month a minimum number of points is required in order to continue in the program. You will have a new mentor inside the company to work closely with each month which includes having 1-on-1 weekly meetings. The last month of the internship is devoted to improving your resume, interviewing practice and other key actions to maximize your opportunities for job growth. Past interns have gone on to work for Fox Moto-X, Sole Tech, Action Sports Group, BambooSK8, Dark Horse Distribution, HARO Bicycles, Rock Star Energy drink, etc.
• Assist with marketing campaigns – print and digital; viral-focused
• Assist with generalist duties – organizing/filing emails, making phone calls, etc.
• Assist with public relations – updating database of contacts, writing press releases, finding positive publicity
• Visit skate shops, skate parks, attend industry events (X-games, Vans Warped Tour, Maloof $ cup, Tampa Am, etc.)
• Assist with social media (Facebook, Hookit, Twitter, Digg, Stumbleupon) and Internet presence – top blogging sites for skate and environmentalism
• Learn fundamental business concepts across a myriad of disciplines (marketing, production, sales, strategy, etc.)
• Applicants should be active participants with a thorough understanding of the skateboarding, surfing and snowboarding youth culture; prefer skateboarding-focused.
• Applicants require a minimum of 6 months experience in an action sports related generalist position
• Applicants should be outgoing and personable with good social and conversational skills
• Must be analytical, process driven, detail oriented and be trusted to get the job done
• Must be able to manage your time with outside life, work, etc.
• Must be a leader and a self-starter…but also maintain the ability to work independently
• Prefer college graduates, but others can receive college credit
**Your resume should be molded to fit our needs and be focused on action sports; no cookie-cutter resumes**
***No cover letters please!*** – Remove them entirely when submitting.
Failure to answer these questions automatically disqualifies you.
1. What are you looking to get out of an internship in relation to your future goals?
2. What do you feel makes you a qualified candidate?
3. Why have you chosen BambooSK8?
4. What days of the week are you available to come in and work a full day?
5. Are you financially stable to ensure that you can do an internship up to 4 months unpaid?
Please submit your resume and answer to the questions to email@example.com