We started with 9 interns for class 8… 3 dropped out within the first 2 weeks, then by week 10, 2 more bailed…week 11, 1 more bailed…. so we were left with 3 interns to close out the 16 week internship but decided with everything going on in preparation for 2011, it would be best to just close it down completely. We are thankful for those interns who assisted us, even in a limited capacity.
There are many lessons to be learned, so here are a few:
- If you leave the program, don’t lie about why you really left. Always be honest. The truth will always reveal itself.
- If you get into the program and suddenly realize it’s just too much to take on, then communicate it immediately and exit quickly so it doesn’t interupt the class as a whole.
- If you sign up for something like our internship then see it through… be persistent and don’t give up. If you do leave, at least show some respect and turn over your activities to someone else who can finish them.
- If you are going to be negative, then don’t become a cancer to our positive environment, just stay home
- Every point is important, you should strive for every point… if you don’t, it’s a pure reflection on your ability to be successful
- You either want it or you don’t, there is no inbetween!
- Time management is everything, along with organization!
We look forward to improving our internship for class 9 starting in January. We are now taking new applicants. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can honor our system and really want to improve your business skills.