I went back home for good old turkey day and of course I had to go skate all the local spots. I went to Hawthorne skatepark, Daweong Song’s home park. It was closed because of some graffitti. I have skated that park forever and the people ruining it are the same people skating it. All I want to know is why do you have to ruin your local spot. If you are skating it every day wouldn’t you want the skatepark to be in the best condition. Here are some basic rules to follow no matter what skatepark you are at:
1. Show respect to everyone because you never really know who they are
2. If you spill your drink in the park take off your shirt and clean it up or else someone will slip and break their arm
3. If you are going to someone elses park bring a gift. If you are of age, beer, if you aren’t then water or energy drinks
4. Don’t drop in on any one EVER
5. If someone does something sick hoot and holler. Trust me they’ll do it for you in return and it will push your skating that much further.
6. Most importantly respect the park. Skaters barley have anywhere to skate anymore so why trash the one spot we are allowed to skate